Extracted from instructions provided by Mike Green on 18 December, 2016.
Below are step-by-step instructions for using the graphical user interface (GUI) of the OLSB website to create an OLSB
account. An account is required for each walker that wants to register for OLSB events. There are a lot of steps, but it goes
quickly and should take less than 10 minutes to create a new account.
- Browse to The California Volkssport Association.
- Click on Online Start Box (bottom left on the page).
- Click on New Account (top right on the page).
- Fill out the form including the captcha field (the captcha stops web bots from creating bogus accounts).
- Click on SUBMIT and go to verify login. The page, "Please verify your new login credentials", will be
- Enter the password for your new account again, then click on Verify login. If the password matches, the page
"Basic account information", will be displayed.
- Under ACCOUNT FLAGS AND STATE click on Please verify your email address to trigger the OLSB system to send a test
email to the email account associated with your account.
- While waiting for the verification email to arrive, go ahead and read and accept the AVA athletic waiver for your OLSB
account. Click on the My Account tab to display the "Manage online event waivers" page.
- Read the waiver and then, at the bottom of the page, check the I ACCEPT box and click Save.
- Click on the Account button (top right on the page) to go back to the "Basic account information" page and
observe that the ACCOUNT FLAGS AND STATE section indicates the ATHLETIC WAIVER IS IN FORCE.
- You may now want to setup the AVA books and special programs that you currently stamp so that later when you register and
complete walks you will be able to generate the appropriate insert cards. If you have accepted the Waiver, clicking on the
My Account tab will now take you to the "Books, Special programs and Challenges" page.
- Use this page to select and/or setup the type of books you are currently or will be stamping in 2017.
When the verification test email arrives:
There have been some problems sending verification emails. If you do not receive one you will still have full
functionality of the current OLSB.
- Proceed to your "Basic account information" page by clicking on Account (upper right corner)
- In the received email find the Email Verification code. This code has the general format, EV-####-####.
- Enter the Email Verification code (including the "EV-") into the Connection code entry box in the MANAGE YOUR ACCOUNT
CONNECTIONS section, then click on Submit code.
- A popup message will be displayed indicating your email verification has been successful. The ACCOUNT FLAGS AND STATE
section will indicate your EMAIL ADDRESS HAS BEEN VERIFIED. (You may need to refresh the page or logout and login to get the
verification status to update.)
Congratulations you are all set to register for OLSB events. Click on the Select Event tab to get started. You may
change your account settings at any time by starting from the "Basic account information" page by clicking on
Account (top right corner) then clicking on the My Account tab, then click on the My Login tab to display
the "Change account information" page.